Bryant and Seattle Public Schools subscribe to several different publishers that allow students to read and hear books online. Check them out as an educational alternative to “screen-time.”
- Access the Bryant catalog through the SPS library portal.
- Select “Bryant” to take you to the search catalog search screen (this is the same page that your students see on the computers in the Bryant library).
- Next to “Material Type” select “Electronic Books (eBook) from the drop-down menu.
- Search for a topic or title, or leave the search field empty to scroll through the entire eBook options.
- Click on the book title to take you to the description page.
There are several different publishers, differentiated by different icons under the book title.
Click on the icon to take you to the Mackin website. Select Bryant from the dropdown menu and you’ll be taken to the book.
At the bottom of the “Explore” section of the description page, click on the link for “Read the Capstone Interactive eBook Now!” to be taken to the book.
Click on the icon to take you to the Mackin website.
Select the button to start reading the book. When prompted, enter in the login info.
When you’re done with the book, it’s important to click on the “Back” button so that other students can access the book.